Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just skip this one

As we all know, I am a world of lame. Back home I keep a diary of all the books I've read. Actually, being the nerd I am, I keep two diaries, one that just lists the books and the dates I've read them, the other for books that gave me such strong opinions, either negative or positive, that I need to share them with someone, and rather than bore everyone to death with me banging on about the books to them I write the thoughts in the diary. Don't get me wrong, unfortunately for everyone else I still bang on about these books to them, but I really get it off my chest in the diary.

What's this got to do with my travels? Really, nothing, except that I've read a few books so far and I don't have a diary to write the books into so I'm going to write them up here. So this post is really for me so I don't forget anything and it's really not interesting at all so skip skip skip!!

1. The Other Hand, Chris Cleave.
2. The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini.
3. Plain Truth, Jodie Picoult.
4. One for the Money, Janet Evanovich.
5. North and South, Elizabeth Gaskell.
6. Angels and Demons, Dan Brown.
7. Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini.
8. Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert.
9. Twenties Girl, Sophie Kinsella.
10. PS. I Love You, Cecilia Ahern.
11. The Berlin Wall, Frederick Taylor.
12. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, Rachel Cohn & David Levithan.
13. Revolutionary Road, Richard Yates.
14. Something to Tell You, Hanif Kureishi (currently reading).

Numbers 8-14 I've read since getting to Germany. I have a lot of time for reading with my 2 and a bit hours of the day spent on trains. (It also helps that 3 of the books are chick lit and one is a YA novel.)

6 comments:

Bones said...

I'm DYING to read Nick & Norah! Was it fabulous? I love other stuff David Levithan wrote, so I'm hopeful...
Also, MISS YOU!
xx

Sarah said...

I hate to say it Mikey, but it was kind of nothing. I wasn't anythinged by it. And I saw the trailer for the movie and it's completely different from the storyline in the book. Sorry to dash your dreams. But hey, you might love it and want to have its babies!

Simon said...

revolutionary road is SO GOOD

Sarah said...

I know! Everything about it was perfect, although I'm annoyed that I've read it after the movie came out because I just imagined Leo saying all of Frank's words. But meanwhile, I probably wouldn't have ever thought to read it if it weren't for the film. So glad I did though - pretty much perfection.

Judith said...

How did u like the kite runner? :)
I thought it was great!

Sarah said...

I'm really glad I read it. And of course I read it for you so when I (finally) see you again we can spend all our time discussing it!!

Pages

top navigation