Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 21: Calzadilla to Sahagún (23km)

For the first time in awhile, the weather was beautiful... And we enjoyed the walk! What a difference good weather makes. Even though we were still in the flat meseta, we were able to see the positive side of everything and really enjoyed ourselves. I was getting worried there!




Here's Noni with her devil horns up because she chose to walk along the road IN SIN as opposed to the Camino path. Enjoy hell, Noni, enjoy hell.


We passed this lovely man in one of the many villages we walked through. I think I've seen more donkeys on this trip than I've seen in my entire life!


The thing that really struck us today was how much SKY there was - the flatness of the Meseta lets you see it. The nice weather makes you enjoy it.


Something we've noticed a lot of in Spain are these "hobbit houses", as we've taken to calling them.


It turns out they're actually wine cellars. Who has that much wine that they need a separate property to house their collection? Or more importantly, why don't have so much wine that I need a separate property to house them?


Oh that's right- cos I drink it all.


On top of our awesome day, we got free strawberries from the shopkeeper at the grocery store! Free food ALWAYS tastes better.






No comments:

Pages

top navigation